STEP INTO A CAREER IN FITNESS WITH A CERTIFICATE III IN FITNESS
The Certificate III in Fitness is a great starting point for anyone wishing to build a career in the fitness industry. Upon completion of the Certificate III, you will have the skills and knowledge to competently screen and supervise a variety of clients and begin to
This program provides the knowledge and skills to confidently enter the fitness industry as qualified Gym Instructor and Group Fitness instructor.
The program provides students with the convenience of Self-Paced study combined with scheduled Coaching and Assessment workshops, that provide opportunity for students to undertake face to face coaching and perform the final practical assessment tasks in front of an assessor.
Learn in the comfort of your own home, or even on the go with our fully mobile learning platform. You can view our classroom presentations and learning guides at your own pace and leisure, and if you are a little unsure about studying online, don’t worry we have you covered. Our program also comes with your very own study coach support service, ensuring that you get the support you need, when you need it.
You will complete a series of practical activities that give you the confidence to pre-screen clients, prepare and send referral letters to appropriate Allied Health, Medical Professionals and to develop and modify a variety of exercise programs for a range of diverse client groups.
If you are looking for an online study option with all the key support features that you would expect from an on-campus course, then this online program is definitely for you…
You can commence your study with us at any time throughout the year and simply book into any of the scheduled Skill Centre sessions.
Students have 12 months to complete this program from time of enrolment. This course is self-paced and able to be completed in a time frame that suits your study goals and work/life commitments.
- Work in Gyms, Fitness Clubs
- Work in Community and Sporting Centres
- Use as a study pathway to Higher Education and Learning
SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness – Qualified Personal Trainer
We have multiple payment options available to suit every budget:
- Zipmoney offering 12months interest free finance;
- Payment plans through direct debit; or
- Payment upfront (Visa, Mastercard, bank transfers)
Your Learning Experience
- Receive access to your online learning platform the same day you enrol
- Your study coach connects with you to ensure you have everything you need to get started
- Read, listen, watch your way through the course learning resources
- Complete online activities and engage with other students through our online community hub
- Attend 1 x weekend skill assessment workshop at our Skill Centre of Excellence
- Complete 30hours of work experience with a qualified Personal Trainer – We can arrange placement for you through our careers placement program or you can nominate a qualified Fitness Trainer of your choice and complete the nominated hours with them.
Provide First Aid – (HLTAID003)
Students must hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate as a requirement of this course program. Fitness Industry Training delivers first aid courses on a regular schedule and enrolled students are offered discount rates when completing their first aid training with us.
|Program Entry Requirements – (selected units from the Certificate III in Fitness qualification)|
|SISFFIT001||Provide health screening and fitness orientation|
|SISFFIT002||Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations|
|SISFFIT003||Instruct fitness programs|
|SISFFIT004||Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming|
|SISFFIT005||Provide healthy eating information|
|SISFFIT014||Instruct exercise to older clients|
|SISXCCS001||Provide quality service|
|SISXFAC001||Maintain equipment for activities|
|SISXIND001||Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments|
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management processes|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|SISFFIT006||Conduct fitness appraisals|
|SISFFIT007||Instruct group exercise sessions|
|SISFFIT011||Instruct approved community fitness programs|
|SISXFAC002||Maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities|
*Students will also need to hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate (HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid)