This Provide First Aid course will gain students the skills and knowledge required to provide a First Aid response to a casualty. The course is suited to all workers who may be required to provide a First Aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
This qualification meets the requirement, set out in the Code of Practice, for a Senior First Aid Person. On enrolment of the Training, students will be sent pre-course study material. Students are required to study their pre-course workbooks prior to attending the training to assist in preparation for their knowledge assessments, practical training & final assessment.
What are the requirements?
There are no prerequisites, however, participants must be able to converse and comprehend basic English. Participants must be able to be on their knees during the practical assessment for the CPR component of this course.
What is the Assessment?
- Online Theory Component to be completed before the training day
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Roleplay/scenario work
- Written assessment
- It is a requirement that learners must demonstrate performing CPR on a mannequin placed on the floor
What is the duration?
Participants have to complete an online theory component and then must attend a 4-hour workshop.
Please note that you must complete the online theory component before you attend the training day.
What will I receive?
A Statement of Attainment HLTAID003 Provide First Aid will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
The HLTAID003 is valid for 3 years and the CPR component should be updated annually.
What will I study?
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Administer oxygen in an emergency
- Procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Procedures for fractures and sprains
- Procedures for amputation
- Managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Infection control procedures
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- Administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- Assessing and moving sick & injured
- Legal responsibilities of a first aid person
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Managing shock
What are the delivery options?
This course is divided into two sections an online component and a workshop assessment. You must complete both the online theory and the in-person workshop at a test centre.