There are no prerequisites, however, participants must be able to converse and comprehend basic English.
What is the Assessment?
- Online Theory Component
- Content videos
- Written assessment – Questions and Answers
What is the duration?
This an online-only course that allows you to go at your own pace.
What will I receive?
A Statement of Attendance for Nutrition for Personal Trainers will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
The Nutrition for Personal Trainers Short Course prepares you with the knowledge to give your clients the following advice:
- The benefits of following the Australia Dietary Guidelines and Eat for Health guideline recommendations.
- Food groups, types, and amounts of foods to be included in a healthy diet.
- Comparing clients’ general pattern of eating to the Australian Dietary Guidelines and/or Eat for Health Program recommendations.
- Assisting clients to change their eating patterns using the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating.
- General nutrition advice for weight management that aligns with the above guidelines.
- Providing examples of meals and snacks.
- Encouraging the use of the guidelines for healthy food preparation and cooking.
- Educating clients about how to read food labels for nutrition information.
Our Nutrition for Personal Trainers Short Course will guide you through the Australian Dietary Guidelines, then start to piece the nutritional puzzle together with a breakdown of our carbs, fats, and protein. The course will then guide you on a journey through pre and post workout nutrition. This program also covers topics on artificial sweeteners, reading food labels, and information on common vitamins and minerals.
The Nutrition for Personal Trainers Short Course is run completely online through our Learner Management System.