FiT Management encourage any trainer or staff member who is dissatisfied with the behaviour or performance of a student has the authority to:
- Warn the student that their behaviour is unsuitable, or
- Ask a student to leave the class, without refund or acceptance into another course, or
- Immediately cancel the class.
If a student wishes to object or lodge an appeal against the disciplinary action taken, they have the right and opportunity to follow the FIT complaint procedure.
FIT staff are expected to maintain a professional and ethical working relationship with all other staff members, management and students. Breaches of the disciplinary standards will result in discussion between the relevant trainer and FIT, and appropriate action will be taken.
Interactive Online Workshops
Please observe and behave in line with our code of conduct at all times:
- Mute your speaker to avoid distracting other
- Ensure you are modestly dressed when/if activating your camera – otherwise please turn off video view
- Respect other students at all time
- Do not privately message other students
- To contribute to discussions and ask questions please use the ‘Raise Your Hand’ button
- Please use the ‘Raise Your Hand’ button any time to ask questions and the moderator will unmute you to speak
- The moderator has the right to remove you from the interactive workshop at any time if you breach this code of conduct