There are no prerequisites for the CPR course, however, participants must be able to converse and comprehend basic English. Participants must be able to be on their knees during the practical assessment.
What is the Assessment?
- Written assessment
- Online Theory Component to be completed before the training
- It is a requirement that learners must demonstrate performing CPR on a mannequin placed on the floor
What is the duration?
Participants have to complete an online theory component and then must attend an hour and a half workshop.
Please note that you must complete the online theory component before you attend the training day.
What will I receive?
A Statement of Attainment HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
The HLTAID009 is valid for 1 year.
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- Perform CPR in line with ARC guidelines.
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- How to properly convey incident details to emergency services.
- How to properly report details of the incident in line with workplace procedures.
- Legal responsibilities of a first aid person.
This course is divided into two sections an online component and a workshop assessment. You must complete both the online theory and the in-person workshop at a test centre.